It is currently 21 Jan 2022, 20:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: State of the Fleet, 2159.03.10
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2009, 03:07 

Friends and fellow players,

I've been told that an update from the fleet level is overdue, and I agree. A lot has taken place, especially recently, and it's high time it's shared with the rest of the fleet.

First of all, I'm sure everyone's aware by now that we're heading for the last "episode" of the Fleet Plot. Not all SIMs are participating, for various reasons, but any individuals who want to participate are welcomed. The call has been put out IC for all ships and all personnel, and if your character wants in, just let your CO know and we'll make arrangements OOC.

Next, the Starfleet Corps of Engineers has been established, and we've got five volunteers representing every SIM, the Wiki, and the Academy working on a few projects for TFE, both IC and OOC. Your SCE members are Theo, TC, Josh, Nathan, and Smith. Our own Suzy has agreed to be the chairperson of the group for the time being. I've gotten a lot of enthusiasm from them, and I think we're off to a great start!

Also, Chris, who you may remember as Commander Morotai from New Darwin, has stepped up to take on the Recruiting Command. He's looking to get very involved, and if you wold like to help out, or have any comments or suggestions, just let us know and I'm sure he'll make great use of whatever you have to offer.

As for the state of the fleet, we're doing great. All SIMs have healthy numbers and new people are still trickling in. The SCE is on task to enrich our current SIMs, and if the Recruiting Command pays off we'll be looking at expansion soon, as well. It's an exciting time for TFE, and I'm glad we're all along for the ride together.

That may sound more than a little sentimental, but in the 7 years I've been with TFE I've made a lot of friends who have come and gone, and had great deal of fun writing with them. I've seen the recent logs coming through on each SIM, and I can tell there are still a lot of friends having fun. There's no better environment, and I always look forward to checking my email and seeing who's doing what. The fact that I'm in a position to help that camaraderie and creativity by doing what I can for TFE as an organization makes me feel good.

That's all I've got for now. Thank you all.

Robert
------
RAdm Garroway, Thomas R.
Starfleet Commander
(The First Era)