It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 01:08

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: PODCAST will CONTINUE
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2008, 22:45 

Hello everyone,

One of the finest legacies that our friend Scott has left TFE is the PODCAST. I do no want to let that slip through our fingers.

I have determined to take it on as Co-ordinator/producer. I have a good program on my MAC to produce it and Scott has been kind enough to give me an excellent tutorial. And I will use the previous podcast templates as closely as possible.

I hope that all of those who were helping him will continue to take part in this effort to maintain this feature, even if only for an episode or two until I get a little geekier and can claim to have some element of knowledge how to do this job.

If you have helped in the past, or are willing to start helping in any capacity, including just basic technical computer advisor, please email me so I can add you to my Podcast group of volunteers. Thanks

Long run the TFE Podcast .....

Kate

Post subject: Re: PODCAST will CONTINUE
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2008, 01:02 

I must say I'm very glad to hear that. I've looked forward to the Podcasts and I think it would be a shame to let them go to the wayside. Thanks for picking up the baton and running with it!

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2008, 16:51 
 YIM  Profile

I glad to hear the podcast is still going and I'm still on board to help. I'll keep up on the Galaxy list updates and other stuff where I can.

Rachelle

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2008, 05:08 
 WWW  Profile

In probably 2-3 weeks i'd be interested in helping with them, would just need to know what programs I would need and what not. Oh are they available on iTunes? I think you can upload them for free.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 01:36 

Quote:
Cole wrote: In probably 2-3 weeks i'd be interested in helping with them, would just need to know what programs I would need and what not. Oh are they available on iTunes? I think you can upload them for free.

Quote:
Rachelle wrote: I glad to hear the podcast is still going and I'm still on board to help. I'll keep up on the Galaxy list updates and other stuff where I can.

This is terrific.... Ok. I am just learning this so bear with me.

Conrad, I believe any program that you can record with and save as an mp3 file cane be sent to me via email and I can plug it into the podcast. You don't have to have the same program as me. I have Garage Band to create the podcast, it is a very nice program that came with my MACBook. I used Skype before to record for one of Scott's episodes, and I think Josh (Kalevah on New Darwin, and Vanhanen on Meridian) is pretty savvy when it comes to other programs that you can use. Also, Rachelle is a regular contributor and she may have experience with different applications as well. I used Skype once and since have used my MAC.

Rachelle, the Galaxy update would be super ... and if you could find a small update on the new movie with any new news since the last time Red Shirt Girl reported, that would help. I think I would prefer another format to deliver it other than Red Shirt Girl, as I feel like she was Emily's charrie, in a sense, and don't want to try to duplicate her. Be creative this time around and just wing it.

I am no where as tech savvy as Scott, so things will undoubtedly be simpler, perhaps a little rough around the edges for a time or two. But Scott did send me a good bit of info from which to learn and I am determined.

If anyone has ideas about what might be added to the Podcast, any particular function you would be interested in doing or even advice even if you can't participate but have knowledge to share ... let me know, preferably via email, as I check that very regularly, while I don't visit the forum every single day.

Thanks... my tentative release date is Nov 30, so if you could have the articles to me note later than Nov 25th, they will be included. If that is not possible, contact me.

Thanks guys,

Kate :ugeek: