It is currently 14 Aug 2022, 14:39

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Wiki Updates and New Features
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 04:30 

Since I asked Rob to set this Section up, I should go ahead and start the topic...

Over the next few weeks we are planning to add Sim specific Portals as well as finally updating the default skin.

Those of you who have used the wiki in the last month or so may have noticed some backgrounds and font colors that looked a little off. That was our attempt to customize every aspect of the default skin. Barring RL issues we should be able to have the new skin in place this weekend and that should make everything look right.

I will keep this topic updated as the wiki is updated.

Stay tuned.

Post subject: Re: Wiki Updates and New Features
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 17:18 

As stated earlier, the Default Skin has been updated.

The new skin, called simple TFE, will appear for all unregistered users and registered users that have not picked another skin.

I encourage everybody to take a look and let us know what you think.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 05:15 

The Wiki is looking good. Nice and clean.

Think our archivists can give us an update of the Ship Registry, though? I know the Eagle was destroyed, and we just rolled out the Pantheon and Vanguard. I'm not sure offhand how many other changes there have been since that thing was last looked at...

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 23:33 

The Eagle update was already in the Ship Registry, do you know the classes for the Pantheon and Vanguard?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 03:17 

If I recall correctly:
NCL-17 Pantheon - Neptune
SCL-10 Vanguard - Sol

And we've got a few new Freedom to consider, too:
FCL-02 Republic (operational)
FCL-03 Endeavor-A (refit NX, operational)
FCL-04 Constitution (under construction)
FCL-05 Sovereign (planned)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 04:25 

I'll get all that added in the next few days, I'm also looking for info on any NPC starships.

That's names, classes and crews. Anything that your sim uses on a regular, or even intermittent, basis.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 00:12 

Okay, all the ships Robert mentioned have been added.

Also added a Quote for Republic:
"Our object in the constructionof the state is the greatest happiness of the whole, and not that of any one class." - Plato, The Republic

If anyone has an issue with this quote let me know.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2008, 04:33 

Big News!

The Main Portal is now online!

The Portal includes an Article of the Week, Featured Bio, a link to the Flag Sim Portal(still under construction), Fleet News and a little Wish List of needed articles.

Over the next week I will be constructing and testing the New Darwin Portal and looking at what will be needed to get it fully online. The Shell is created, but not quite ready.

All portals are scheduled to be completed by the end of the year with one or two coming out each week.

Please remember our other Topic for Suggestions for Articles of the Week, Featured Bios and anything else you want on the Wiki.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2008, 00:52 

This is just a mid-week update:

Thanks to the valiant efforts of Rick many of the Fleets Bios will be on the wiki in the next couple of weeks. As some may have noticed the Yorktown Bios and a few NPC bios have been on the wiki for a while, our hope is to have all the bios for the fleet online, including past crews and NPCs, in case a player or mission planner wanted to know if the Director of Starfleet Communications had been named and if so what her name is (note-She has, Captain Gabriella Brandish).

Also the ESS Sulaco has been added to the list of Neptune Class starships as Neptune 17 and the Pantheon will be Neptune 18. And yes, I'm afraid, the Sulaco was lost with all hands to an alien force.

more updates to come...

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2008, 05:28 

Small update.

Been a busy week RL so not much more to report than was on the mid-week update. Article of the Weeks has been updated and the Featured Bio also.

Unfortunately the New Darwin Portal is not ready, in fact no changes were made this week because of RL and just not being happy with what I was putting together so a little more time is needed.

Updated a couple of boxes on the Main Portal to help find general technical info until the Technology Portal is ready.

That's all for this week, but more is always coming.