It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 01:10

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: TOYS... :)
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2008, 15:38 

Ok... we all know that the armory personel have Phase pistols & rifles... sometimes some plasma gizmos as well. I'm wondering if there would be hard corps stuff onboard since we're gearing for war now.

Would there be bazookas, mortar launchers, land mines... and so on? Besides making improvised explosive devices and fabricating anything else needed on the fly would an NX ship be ready to support ground troops?

Post subject: Re: TOYS... :)
PostPosted: 04 Nov 2008, 01:17 

1. Starfleet still isn't the military, so only MACOs would be trained and qualified for heavier ordinance. Technically, Starfleet is still only considered a "military support auxiliary", but expect that to change.
2. There's not a lot of ground combat going on, so that kind of support role has yet to be explored.

That said, MACO weapons would be available to Starfleet crews, but more or less at the discretion of the commanding officer.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2008, 11:19 
 YIM  Profile

On ND we have our lil buggys which I upgraded some with more powfule engines and a small plasma cannon. :twisted:. But I would think we'd have bigger BOOM BOOM weapons now that we are at war. :twisted:

&

PO1 Fergus Oxford
Master at Arms
Forrest Outpost

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2008, 01:38 

Willza wrote:
But I would think we'd have bigger BOOM BOOM weapons now that we are at war.

On New Darwin, certainly, since it's a whole planet on which to wage war. But for starships and stations, the action is much more limited, but much more intense.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 21:28 

Thanks... I had to do weapons inventory on the Challenger. For me, all things are a work in progress so I'm going to continue to tweak and play with numbers so the ship would eventually be ready to support ground troops should the need arise. I haven't even done weapons lockers for individual decks yet. :(

Also I started a collection of alien weapons (It's not big but it's getting there.) & I really want to expand on that.

Right now the Challenger is in the mirror universe fighting 'themselves' but I should be able to get a good deal of MACO weapons out of this plot. :P